- Faculty of Health Sciences
- programas academicos
- Specialization in Occupational Health and Safety at Work
Specialization in Occupational Health and Safety at Work
Granted degree: Specialist in Occupational Health and Safety at Work.
Number of credits: 29
- Cancel the registration form and attach copy.
- A photo in JPG format, white background (not scanned).
- Photocopy of identity card.
- Civil registration.
- Profession Act or diploma.
- Certificate of grades of studies completed. (If you are graduate from the University of Quindío, you do not have to send it)
- Last election certificate (to do the discount for vote)
- Form successful online registration.
A specialist in Occupational Health is characterized by having the knowledge about Occupational Health of social character; it includes any community,no matter its activity,development environment and lifestyle.
- To propose,develop and manage research projects in his area of emphasis.
- To participate in research work of interdisciplinary character.
- To performs his activity of scientific training, updating and constant study as a comprehensive part of his routine work.
- To carry out analysis of problems in the work environments.
- To conduct research in industrial hygiene in order to define the different economic activities in the region,the common risks in them and to observe how these risks affect health of workers.
- To develop activities about teaching in Occupational Health.
- To suggest suitable methods and strategies in the area of Occupational Health with the purpose of implementing control systems in dangerous environments.
- To advise on studies and researches about occupational health activities.
Res. MEN 520 - February 1st, 2010 - 5 years
Building Health Sciences, Block O, floor3
Telephone: 57 - 6 - 7359300 Ext. 373 – 937.
Schedule of attention : Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - from: 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.- Saturday from:8:00 am to 12:00 am - from:1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.